LSVT BIG Treatment Consists of:
- 4 to 6 week program
- Individual 1 hour sessions
- Daily homework practice
- Daily carryover exercises
LSVT BIG is a research-based exercise approach developed from principles of the effective Parkinson’s specific speech treatment LSVT LOUD.
The LSVT Programs have been developed and scientifically researched over the past 20 years with funding from the National Institutes of Health.
Research of LSVT BIG has documented improved ratings on tests of motor functioning in people with PD following treatment. Improvements include:
- Faster walking with bigger steps
- Improved balance
- Increased truck rotation
LSVT BIG Treatment
- Trains a single target of amplitude (bigger movements)
- Drives intensive and high-effort practice
- Teaches the amount of effort required to produce normal movements
- Translates bigger movements into real-world, everyday activities
- Empowers people with PD with their potential to improve!
LSVT BIG will teach you how to avoid inactivity and keep your movements ALIVE during everyday activities. It will help you participate fully and improve the quality of your life!